Salary: $32,000.00 to $40,000.00 /year
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF JOB
Responsible for scheduling freight carriers for Shipping, scheduling receiving freight, management of inventory and office functions.
- Answer phones, take messages, convey information and handle issues as authorized.
- Operate office machines and arrange for repairs when needed.
- General understanding of accounting standards and manufacturing costs.
- Order and/or pick-up office and general mill supplies.
- Must be proficient in Word, Excel and be able to learn how to use other company software programs.
- Issue purchase orders for approval and send to corporate accounts payable dept.
- Ship products – determine shipping method, select appropriate shipping containers, pack items to ensure safe and prompt delivery.
- Process regular orders to restock shipping/warehouse supplies and handle receiving of products
- Analyze cost transactions and ensure cost data is allocated properly.
- Coordinate monthly physical inventories and cycle counts to ensure accuracy.
- Audit inventory and make recommendations on how to improve process.
- Obtain all necessary documentation from new employees; explain payroll procedures.
- Contact workers compensation insurance company and corporate office immediately upon any injury.
- Be able to work independently and as a team-player
- Perform several tasks at once and deal with interruptions with ease and professionalism
- Remain patient and calm under stress
- Be organized and attentive to detail
- Have analytical ability to learn lumber measurements and note discrepancies
- Communicate effectively with fellow employees, truck drivers, vendors and customers
- Be able to generally sit, stand, bend, walk, and to turn, lift and climb when necessary to count lumber
At least 1 year general office experience, including use of office machines and computer; knowledge of lumber industry and/or shipping & receiving preferred, but not necessary.
High school graduate or equivalent
General plant facility working conditions. Must follow company safety guidelines when in plant area. Occasional weekend or overtime work. Must be available for inventory one Saturday each month.
JOB TYPE: Full-time
SALARY: $32,000.00 to $40,000.00 /year
As permitted by state law, all applications will be drug tested as part of the employment hiring process with Conner Industries. All offers of employment are contingent on drug testing results done through an outside vendor, Quest Diagnostics. Conner Industries provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Conner Industries complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.