Salary: $55,000.00 to $100,000.00 /year
*** YOU MUST HAVE INDUSTRIAL LUMBER AND/OR PACKAGING EXPERIENCE *** Please Note: If you do not have experience, your resume will not be considered for the position.
We are seeking a motivated and experienced Sales Representative to sell Industrial Lumber, Pallets and Crates in the Wichita, KS area. Conner is rapidly growing and represents our largest target growth area. This is your opportunity to make $55,000 – $100,000 per year (dependent upon sales experience) guaranteed base pay + commission! If you like to “hunt” and are “money hungry”, you will love this opportunity. Apply today!
About our Company
Conner Industries is a manufacturer and distributor of industrial lumber, panel goods, and industrial wood packaging. Conner has an outstanding reputation in our industry and has been supplying Forest Products and wood packaging for over 35 years. Conner has 10 manufacturing facilities in the U.S. and is #2 in the U.S. market share.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Build market position in our industry by locating and closing new accounts
- Utilize and maintain the Conner CRM and pipeline system
- Create and build long-lasting relationships on multiple levels with various customers—from Production and Shipping/Receiving to C Level personnel
- Develop and negotiate customized pricing contracts while understanding risk/reward
- Communicate internally with Conner Purchasing, Production, Transportation and Accounting
- Close business by telephone and by face to face, traveling throughout US as needed
- Understand and effectively present Conner’s capabilities, products, and services as well as visit with customers to present our industry-leading service elements
- Manage account profitability and grow revenue and revenue base
- Manage orders through production cycle and satisfy the customer
- Must have at least 3+ years of Industrial Lumber and/or Packaging experience
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as a part of a team
- Self-Starter, motivated, and money hungry!
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and multi task with a strong attention to detail
- Ability to develop and give oral presentations to both small and large groups
- Willing to travel. Must have a dependable vehicle.
- Cold calls and Target selling
Qualifications, Education, & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in Sales
- Analytical thinker with a strong basis on data gathering and analysis
- Energetic, organized and ability to manage a wide range of projects and priorities
- Excellent communicator and understanding of importance to ‘do what you say’
- Strong computer skills with experience in the Microsoft Office suite
Reasons to join the Conner Team!
- Fast growing business with the opportunity to make a lot of money! NO CAP!
- $55,000 – $100,000 (dependent upon sales experience) guaranteed base pay + commission. With the expectation that you will earn $85,000 to $135,000 within 24 months!
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance Plan
- Life Insurance provided.
- 401k plus match by the company.
- Paid vacation and holidays.
As permitted by state law, all applications will be drug tested as part of the employment hiring process with Conner Industries. All offers of employment are contingent on drug testing results done through an outside vendor, Quest Diagnostics. Conner Industries provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Conner Industries complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change