Salary: $150,000.00 to $200,000.00 /year
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
The East Regional Sales Director will build, manage and mentor a dynamic team of Lumber sales professionals; Analyze market conditions to maximize pricing; Strategize with Purchasing, Develop sales strategies for target market segments; Lead, coach and monitor sales professionals to ensure year on year sales growth; Strategize with sales and plant leaders to support the critical business needs going forward; Forecast Sales to help insure inventory is maintained to the optimum level to support timely customer deliveries and keeping inventory at the appropriate levels;
About our Company
Conner Industries is a manufacturer and distributor of industrial lumber, panel goods, and industrial wood packaging. Conner has an outstanding reputation in our industry and has been supplying Forest Products and wood packaging for over 35 years. Conner has 10 manufacturing facilities in the U.S. and is #2 in the U.S. market share.
OPPORTUNITY & COMPENSATION
Conner Industries, Inc. believes in rewarding performance and is looking for a top performer that is not afraid to exceed expectations. This is a great position for an energetic leader that is hungry to bring their vision to reality with a fast-growing business in a growing market. Conner will provide a competitive base salary plus a quarterly incentive. Annual On Target Earnings will fall between $150,000-$200,000, depending on experience.
DUTIES AND REQUIREMENTS
- Drive a culture that achieves extraordinary results which includes sales and margin expansion.
- Develop and build a top talent team with a good combination of Hunters and Farmers to service existing customers as well as win new customers. This includes Goal Setting, Regular Feedback, Mentoring and Coaching in addition to adding and developing new team members. Hiring performers and developing and assessing non-performers will be necessary.
- Develop and Utilize a Sales Process to include Key Account Plans, Growth Plans, Sales Funnels/Pipelines, and Metrics for Evaluation and Success.
- Generate process for “Hot Leads”, a Sales Funnel, and monitor and manage existing accounts to ensure the company is managing the accounts effectively.
- Facilitate fair and balanced VMI agreements as well as Special Inventory Needs to protect the company as well as ensure adequate returns on investment. This role is the vital gateway between Sales Commission and Plant Profitability.
- Promote Conner through marketing avenues such as Internet, Trade Shows, Publications, etc.
- Must be acquainted with a medium length sales cycle.
- There will be 50%+ travel involved in this position.
- Prefer that they reside in the Atlanta area/East Coast.
QUALIFICATION, EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in manufacturing environment.
- Background in lumber remanufacturing, wood working and or similar field preferred
- Strong computer skills with experience in the Microsoft Office suite as well a CRM, Skype, GoToMeeting, Etc.
- Analytical thinker with a strong basis on data gathering and analysis
- Energetic, organized and able to manage a wide range of projects and priorities
- Excellent communicator (Verbal and written) with an understanding of importance to ‘do what you say’
As permitted by state law, all applications will be drug tested as part of the employment hiring process with Conner Industries. All offers of employment are contingent on drug testing results done through an outside vendor, Quest Diagnostics. Conner Industries provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Conner Industries complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change