Salary: $45,000.00 to $50,000.00 /year
Conner Industries is a producer of thousands of different wood products from both softwood and hardwoods. We wholesale dimensional lumber and panels every day, but we specialize in producing custom products made to customer specifications. From cut-to-size lumber to custom heavy cargo crates and pallets. We do it all!
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsible for the overall coordination of the assembly process to optimize the use of all resources in meeting and/or exceeding established plant goals. An energetic leader who works on the production floor ensuring safety, quality and efficiency are trending in the right direction. Coaches people by directing the traffic to ensure we are maintaining customer needs. Will supervise hourly employees in the assigned department and/or departments. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of direct reports. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in the assembly process and in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employee; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
DUTIES AND REQUIREMENTS
- Coordinate communication between assigned departments.
- Provides feedback to providers related to meeting or exceeding expectations defined.
- Prepare order documents for shipping.
- Perform monthly inventory count and address any differences.
- Plan and coordinate department’s activities to support targets, and meet and/or exceed client and/or customers expectations.
- Actively participate on assigned teams and/or projects.
- Ensure assigned departments perform tasks as outlined in Job Instruction Breakdowns, Quality Specifications, and Standard Operating Practices.
- Participate in identifying hiring needs; employee selection and training process
- Provide communication on departmental expectations, motivates team members, and identifies opportunity for improvements.
- Provide team leadership consistent with company vision, & mission.
- Ensures Policies are followed and provides guidance and discipline.
- Effectively utilize all resources to maximum potential performance to achieve plant goals.
- Establishes individual goals for team members in alignment with overall organization goals and performs periodic performance reviews to determine progress.
- Provide a safe and productive work environment, including housekeeping.
- Participate in the identification and implementation of continuous improvement initiatives, Lean, & Six Sigma.
- Role model Working in Teams principles
- Perform other tasks as directed by direct supervisor
QUALIFICATION, EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of 5 years of manufacturing experience; wood related preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of supervision experience; multiple departments
- Must have experience in material flows and inventory management; continuous improvement practices; and process analysis.
- Six Sigma training is a plus
- Excellent personal computer skills in a network environment; Microsoft products experience preferred – Outlook-Word-Excel.
- Track record of successful project management
- Experience in working in a team environment
- Management style must be consistent with Company Culture
- Strong planning/Organization & Time Management skills
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Excellent skills in Communication, Mathematics and Reasoning
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and walk and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 50 pounds. Indoor/Outdoor manufacturing environment. The noise level is usually moderate to high and hearing protection is required on the production floor. Safety glasses are required on the production floor. Some out-of-town travel may be required. Some weekend work required.
As permitted by state law, all applications will be drug tested as part of the employment hiring process with Conner Industries. All offers of employment are contingent on drug testing results done through an outside vendor, Quest Diagnostics. Conner Industries provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Conner Industries complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.