Fort Worth, TX
Salary: $40,000.00 to $42,000.00 /year
Conner Industries’ Corporate Office has a job opening for the position of Administrative Assistant in the Sales Operations and Support Department. The Administrative Assistant is a true Value Add role, allowing us to provide quick and consistent responsiveness and quality product to our customers. This Sales Support Team Member will collaborate with all levels and departments throughout Conner to develop more customer centric practices and increased efficiency in processes, ultimately leading to a higher level of customer satisfaction.
Conner Industries is a manufacturer and distributor of wholesale lumber, panel goods, and industrial wood packaging. Conner has an outstanding reputation in our industry and has been supplying Forest Products and wood packaging for over 35 years. At Conner Industries, we understand that our greatest asset is our people. Our Sales Team is an integral part of our success and we employ only the most motivated and responsible individuals to achieve rewarding careers within our company.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
As an Administrative Assistant, you will have a wide range of responsibilities. You will be available to assist not only the VP of Sales, but select Sales Executives, the purchasing and design departments, and our Sales Assistants. You will touch many different areas related to purchasing, product design, customer support, and customer communications.
DUTIES AND REQUIREMENTS
Administration and Customer Support
- Assist Sales, Design, and Purchasing departments with the gathering of information
- Prepare spreadsheets, power point and word documents
- Provide assistance in the answering of phones
- Utilize support & workflow processes by reviewing incoming customer requests
- Strong emphasis on retention of customers and customer satisfaction
- Consistent follow-up of concerns/issues in all areas
- Communicate customer references and leads to the sales team
- Reporting of good and bad customer experiences to the VP of Sales
- Aide Sales Assistants with customer communications related to administrative requests, order entry, billing, shipment quality, status of order, invoicing concerns, credit requests and order changes
- Set up new supplier vendors, and Bills of Material
- Provide information to the Accounting department in determining customer credits and supplier payments
QUALIFICATION, EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
- Strong Verbal and Written Communications
- Customer Service Advocate
- Relationship Building
- Problem Solving
- Strong attention to detail
- Analytical Skills
- Innovative and Proactive
- Sense of Urgency and Prioritization
As permitted by state law, all applications will be drug tested as part of the employment hiring process with Conner Industries. All offers of employment are contingent on drug testing results done through an outside vendor, Quest Diagnostics. Conner Industries provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Conner Industries complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.