Fort Worth, TX
Salary: $90,000.00 to $120,000.00 /year
Conner Industries is a manufacturer and distributor of industrial lumber, panel goods, and industrial wood packaging. Conner has an outstanding reputation in our industry and has been supplying forest products and wood packaging for over 35 years.
The Assistant Controller is responsible for all aspects of the accounting and financial control functions. This position reports directly to the Controller and supports day-to-day accounting operations for all departments within the company.
****This position will require excellent project management skills, a comprehensive working knowledge of Standard Cost Accounting, and departmental management experience in a manufacturing environment.****
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop Standard Costing methodology and provide leadership and oversight on the standard cost methodology
- Strong project management skills
- Document and evaluate effectiveness and efficiency of operations through financial and management analyses and reports.
- Ensure company is in compliance with GAAP and regulatory authorities.
- Responsible for reviewing and meeting the timelines in the quarterly and monthly financial closing schedule.
- Develop, implement, and ensure the adherence to corporate policies and procedures.
- Reconciles and analyzes various company financial functions, such as, general ledgers, account payables/receivable, CAPEX, and other.
- Support Controller with banking and debt covenant relationships
- Ensures accuracy of entries and account reconciliations
- Assists with managing organizational cash flow
- Analytical comparison of business plan or forecast to actual results for the division.
- Supports budget preparation and prepares monthly budget variance analysis.
- Supervise, develop, train and mentor Accounting team members.
- Work closely with executive leadership on evaluation of strategic and operating initiatives
- Other duties as assigned by management
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s in Accounting or related field is required.
- Cost Accounting experience required
- CPA, CMA or MBA is preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years with a strong accounting/financial background in manufacturing/distribution
- Minimum 5 years supervisory experience, with progressive roles
- Experience leading a complex project with multiple toll gates and deliverables is preferred
- Acquisition and purchase accounting experience is a plus
- Great Plains Dynamics is a plus
This is primarily a sedentary office position which requires the ability to work in excess of eight hours per day in the confined quarters of an office. Also requires the ability to bend, stoop, reach, lift, and move and/or carry items less than 20 pounds. Finger dexterity in operating a computer keyboard and calculator. Office work requires sitting at a computer monitor for extended periods of time, completing paperwork and to receive/return phone messages.
- Excellent analytical and Excel skills.
- Be a proven team player and leader that can work independently in a fast paced environment with all levels of management.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Attention to detail with ability to learn quickly.
- Strong communication and supervisory skills, hands-on leader
- Strong work ethic
- Strong prioritization skills while managing multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Understand and follow posted work rules and procedures.
- Ability to work in excess of 8 hours per day and/or 40 hours per week as needed to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as needed
- Accept constructive feedback
- Ability to perform staff evaluations
This description outlines the basic responsibilities and requirements for the position noted. This is not a comprehensive listing of all job duties of the Associates. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Starting salary depends on experience. Please submit your resume.
As permitted by state law, all applications will be drug tested as part of the employment hiring process with Conner Industries. All offers of employment are contingent on drug testing results done through an outside vendor, Quest Diagnostics. Conner Industries provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Conner Industries complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.