Panama City, FL
Salary: $17.50 /hour
About our Company
Conner Industries is a leading provider of industrial wood and packaging solutions. We specialize in supplying cut lumber (softwoods, hardwoods, and panel woods) needed for pallets, crates, and skid parts, as well as fully assembled custom pallets, crates, and industrial containers. With educated and knowledgeable sales people, subject matter experts, an experienced design team, and a packaging engineer on staff, we serve customers nationwide from our 11 plant locations.
JOB RESPONISBILITIES – Be Home Every Night
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Transport finished goods and raw materials over land to and from manufacturing plants and distribution centers
- Inspect vehicles from mechanical items and safety issues and perform preventative maintenance
- Plan routes and meet delivery schedules
- Document and log work/rest periods and miles spent driving and retain fuel/toll receipts
- Input “macros” into our automated system for each stage of the loading and unloading process
- Comply with truck driving rules and regulations (size, weight, route designations, parking and break periods) as well as with company policies and procedures
- Maneuver trucks into loading and unloading positions
- Collect and verify delivery instructions
- Report defects, accidents or violations to management in a timely manner.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- CDL license
- Proven work experience as a truck driver
- Hands on experience with electronic equipment and software (GPS, AVL units and CB)
- Ability to drive long hours and travel regularly
- Extensive knowledge of applicable truck driving rules and regulations
- No recent moving or driving violations
Pre-Employment background and drug screening is required
As permitted by state law, all applications will be drug tested as part of the employment hiring process with Conner Industries. All offers of employment are contingent on drug testing results done through an outside vendor, Quest Diagnostics. Conner Industries provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Conner Industries complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.